Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wondering when the time will come

Facebook is sometimes like my own mini reminder of Bridget Jones' diary. So many things that remind me I made a sacrifice for my professional career when many women were  in the hunt for their M.R.S. degree.  This weekend I think I have congratulated at least 20 people for their engagements or weddings. SIGH.

It is not like I haven't wanted to be married. The right person just hasn't come along.  I have had friends who have been engaged multiple times in their 20s and I wonder "Am I doing something wrong?"  I stay confused with the men in my life.  All seem to be in the Peter Pan syndrome.  When will they grow up?  Then i wonder if I attract the Peter Pan's.  Something about me say's it is okay to linger in the when I grow up phase.  I feel like coming home has reminded me more of this.  I mean I have been talking to my ex that totally broke my heart right before I left for Ohio.  I can see why I loved him, why we were together for over 2 years, but I can't recommit to him.  Patrick has decided he isn't lovable and I am not fighting that battle anymore.  I have men in other states that like me but nothing enough to move to a real relationship leading to SERIOUS commitment.
So I am left wondering, "OKay God, they are supposed to find me, but i stay in the house now.. So how does that happen?"  I know I am not supposed to help things along, but believe me after looking at facebook and the endless DISPLAYS of Love.. I am like when is my turn coming ????????

1 comment:

  1. Like everything, there is a season for each phase of life. I know sometimes it's hard but try to enjoy this experience and see it as an opportunity to learn through multiple relationships. A line from one of my favorite songs is "sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long and, in the end, is only with yourself"

    ReplyDelete